Theology & Education
EBF Commission for Theology and Education Consultation on Homosexuality
Smidstrup Strand, Denmark, 16-18 November 2016
Resources from different Unions used at the consultation and for use within Unions and churches who want to have a conversation around this topic:
- Marion Carson. The Bible, Character Ethics, and Same-Sex Relationships. This article is published in 'Baptistic Theologies' Volume 9, No. 1 (Spring 2017) and used with permission. It was presented at the Consultation.
- To Danish Baptist Churches On the Place of Homosexuals in the Church. A starter for conversation in the local churches about a present-day ethical problem. Theological Forum 2012 - a taskforce within the Baptist Union in Denmark
- An open Letter from the Presidium of the Union of Evangelical Free Churches [of Germany] to the Congregations. Dealing with the Question of Homosexuality in the Congregation and in the Union. 2013
- Baptist Union of Great Britain. Letter re Council Statement. 2016
- Baptist Unon of Great Britain. Council Statement on the Registration of Buildings for Same-Sex Marriage. 2016
- Uwe Swarat. Proposition on Dealing with homosexual people in Christian congregation. 2016
- Uwe Swarat. Thesen zum Umgang mit Homosexuellen in der christlichen Gemeinde (in German)
- A statement from a group of British Baptist Ministers and Theologians (link to the website)
Consultation on Freedom of Religion or Belief
27-28 September 2015
- Short overview report on FORB Consultation
- Nigel Wright, short summary of his presentation 'Christianity and Secularism: Prospects and Possibilities'
- Nigel Wright, 'Christianity and Secularism: Prospects and Possibilities'
- Toivo Pilli, short summary of the presentation 'Religious Liberty: Our Baptist Heritage'
- Toivo Pilli, 'Religious Liberty: Our Baptist Heritage'
- Konstantin Nushev, 'Orthodox Perspective'
- Göran Gunner, 'Questions for the Future'
Texts of Presentations
- Nigel Wright, 'Christianity and Secularism: Prospects and Possibilities' [368 kb]
- Tony Peck & Toivo Pilli, 'Religious Liberty: Our Baptist Heritage' [392 kb]
- Göran Gunner, 'Questions for the Future' [3553 kb]
- Michael Rohde, 'Freedom of religion or belief. Three biblical encouragements and challenges of ancient times for today' [338 kb]
Symposium "Baptist Churches and Changing Society: Middle East Experience"
14-17 June 2012
- Hanna Massad: My personal experience in Gaza and Jordan [PDF document, 130 kb]
- Ishak Ghatas: Muslims in Belgium and a Christian Response [PDF document, 281 kb]
- Perry W.H. Shaw: ENTREPRENEURS AND TRIBAL LEADERS. Cultural Issues in Organisational Leadership [PDF document, 380 kb]
- Victor Ormanzhi: Evangelicals reaching out in Central Asia: A Moldovan Experience [PDF document, 346 kb]
- Michael Rohde: An Image of Islam in German Evangelical Press: What should the Church say? [PDF document, 109 kb]
Symposium "Baptist Churches and Changing Society: West European Experience"
12-13 August 2011
- Toivo Pilli: What is the West An East European perspective [PDF document, 113 kb]
- Gunnar Bremer: Baptist churches and society in Germany - some insights [PDF document, 113 kb]
- Mattias Neve: Baptist Churches and Nordic society A challenge for incarnated mission [PDF document, 136 kb]
- Michael Kisskalt: Ethnic Churches and German Baptist Culture [PDF document, 121 kb]
- Nabil K Costa: Baptist Churches on the crossroads of Western and Middle-East Cultures [PDF document, 177 kb]
- Toivo Pilli: Summary of discussions [PDF document, 100 kb]
Symposium "Baptist Churches and Changing Society: Eastern-European Experience"
30 Sep - 2 Oct 2010
- Gunnel Andréasson: Baptists and Society in Eastern Europe – A Swedish Perspective [PDF document, 126 kb]
- Corneliu Boingeanu: How We Interpret Our Story? New Challenges for Romanian Baptists [PDF document, 171 kb]
- Oļegs Jermolājevs: Latvian Baptists From 1990: New Beginnings [PDF document, 193 kb]
- Alexander Popov: Russian Baptists and Sectarian Image in Society since 1990 [PDF document, 169 kb]
- Zbigniew Wierzchowski: Polish Baptist and Polish National Identity since 1980 [PDF document, 114 kb]
- Michael Rohde: Challenges for East German Baptists in Times of Change after 1989 [PDF document, 520 kb]
- Summary of discussion and comments [PDF document, 117 kb]